Veritas Volume Manager is used to manage disk storage spread over an array of disks.
The main features of volume manager are following
1. Allows creation of logical volumes spanning over multiple disks. This overcomes the physical limit of the disk .
2. Provides high availability storage solutions through RAID ,Mirroring of disks .
3. Provides fail over features by providing transferable disk group ownership between systems.
4. Dynamic reconfiguration of disk storage in an online system state. what is veritas volume manager .
The following article describes the volume manager objects and configuration of these objects using a text menu based utility called vxdiskadm .
Unix , unix programming , VI Editor, Sendmail , Bindssh ,BASH ,Security, Secure unix programming, Unix socket SCSIOracle Solaris 10 , Oracle Solaris 11.2 , Solaris x86, NIS+ FreeBSD ,RedHat
- Unix History and timeline ,
- Unix for advance Users ,
- Unix Bourne Shell Guide with Ksh ,
- Korn Shell
- BASH reference Guide
- Solaris 7 System Administration Collection
- Solaris 8 System Administrator Collection
- Solaris 9 System Administartion Collection
- Oracle Solaris 10 Documentation
- Oracle Solaris 11 Documentation
- Multibooting Solaris