Learn Solaris Network configuration for static , dhcp & wifi in Solaris 11 using netadm and ipadmp. Earlier versions are covered towards the end of this document. Continue reading for Solaris 11 & for prior versions, please turn to Page 5 or click here
Solaris 11 Network Configuration
here is the step for network configuration in Solaris 11 for configuring a static ipaddress and dhcp.
This document covers following topics
- Obsolete network files in Solaris 11
- MAC address conflict Resolution
- Configure Network configuration Profiles (NCP) in Solaris 11
- Configuring Wireless Access for WiFi network in Solaris 11
- Troubleshooting Solaris 11 network
- Solaris Network configuration for earlier Solaris versions.
Following network related files have become obsolete and replaced by Service managment Framework to manage and configure networks
If the inteface cards are added manually later on in new system, they will use system MAC address and it is possible that multiple devices will have same MAC address .
To address this and provide a unique mac address to each interface fiollow these steps
Check if eeprom setting allows local mac address
# eeprom local-mac-address?
Change it to allow local mac address
# eeprom local-mac-address?=true
List the interface and its mac address
# dladm show-linkprop -p mac-address
Change mac address of the device have duplicate mac address
# dladm set-linkprop -p mac-address=06:05:04:03:02 net0