Sample Question – Solaris Certification
Following are some sample questions . These are some of the representative questions and is meant to demonstrate the type of question you might expect in Solaris Certification examination and plan your study accordingly. No answers are given out of the belief that anyone preparing for the exam should be able to work it out .
Choose all the correct answers.
1) In Solaris how many disk slices a disk can have ?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 6 d)1
2)Which file is used to set the default mask in Solaris ?
a)/etc/profile b) .profile c) /etc/system d) /etc/inittab
3)What are the advantage for making disk partitions ?
a) Easy to maintain b) Easy for backing up
c) Limits problems to one partition only d) Space can be monitored easily.
4 )What does a + sign in /etc/hosts.equiv indicates ?
a) All hosts are allowed b) Only known hosts are allowed c) All users are allowed d) Unknown hosts are also allowed .
5 )Which command is used to mount local file system ?
a) mount -l b) mountall c) mount d) mount -r
6) Which command line option gives a run level and output headings ?
a) who -b b) who -r c) who -rh d) who -rH
7) which command is used to change the auto-boot feature in sun ultra ?
a) eeprom “auto-boot?”=true b) eeprom auto-boot?=true c) eeprom autoboot? true d) eeprom auto-boot = true ..
8 ) If patch id is 123456-10 then its revision number is –
a)123 b)456 c)10 d)6-10
9)Which commands can be used to make a device alias
a) devalias ay OK prompt b) dvalias at root prompt
c) nvram at ok prompt d) drvconfig at root prompt.
10) Where in Solaris encrypted passwords are stored ?
a) /etc/passwd b) /etc/shadow c)/etc/default/passswd d)/etc/initttab
11) What is required in a diskless workstation for Solaris workstation
a) cpu, monitor, keyboard, hard disk b) cpu, monitor, keyboard, cdrom drive
c) cpu, monitor, keyboard, Ethernet card d) cpu and Ethernet card only.
12)Which of the following points to virtual file system ?
a) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 b) /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3
c) /dev/md/dsk/c0t0d0s3 d) /dev/vx/rdsk/data/vol1
13) Which Solaris command is used to correct filesystem problems?.
a) newfs b) fssck c) mkfs d) format
14) Which is the configuration file for the tip command
a)/etc/tip.conf b) /etc/remote c) /etc/inittab.d d) .profile
15) When automounter daemon needs to be restarted ?.
a) When direct map is changes b) When indirect map is changes
c) No need to restart d) When a new user is created
16) What is the default configuration cluster in Solaris installation ?.
a) Developer b) Core c) End user d) Entire Distriidution
17) Which utility is used to administer the port monitor ?
a)sacadm b) pmadm c) ttyadm d) admintool
18) What is the command to assign a ip address to qfe network interface ?
Write the command ……………………………………..
19) 10 30 * * 4 /usr/bin/loginfo entry in crontab will execute the program
a) Every Friday at 10.30 b) Every Thursday at 10.30
c) Every Saturday 10.30 d) Every Wednesday at 10.30
20) What do you need for a fresh Solaris Installation ?.
a) Host Name b) IP Address c) Net mask d) Domain name
21) How can you see the prom version ?
a) show version b) prom c) banner d) version
22) Which file enables you to disable root login on terminals ?.
a) /etc/profile b) .profile
c) /etc/default/login d) /etc/system
23 ) Which directory contain run level control scripts ?.
a) /etc/rc2.d b) /etc/init.d c) /etc/rc3.d d) /usr/bin
24) Which command show the patch installed in the system ?
a) patchadd -p b) showrev -p c) showpatch d) patchlist
25) What are the advantage of having a virtual file system ?.
a) Large capacity volumes b) Increased File system size
c) Performance enhancement d) backup becomes easy
26) Which file is used to define default run level for init process at booting time ?.
a) /etc/ttyyab b) /etc//ttyadm
c) /etc/inittab d) /etc/profile
27) Which command shows kernel parameters and and driver module information ?.
a) sysconfig b) prtconfig
c) dmesg d) prtconf
28) A multiuser operating system is one – in which
a) Many users can work simultaneously b) Many Processes can work simultaneously
c) A large number of users can be created d) A number of user home directories can be created.
29) What is true about software packages ?.
a) It is group of files & directories b) They are grouped to form clusters
c) It is standard way of delivering software in Solaris d) They can be installed using pkgadd command.
30)What type of names are used for administering disk drives in Solaris environment
a) Physical b) Logical c) Virtual d) disk instance